In this video, children meet with a gynaecologist and learn about women's reproductive systems.
The HiHo Kids has a series of Kids Meet videos. In these they record children meeting with people who have different specialities, jobs, backgrounds, experiences and sometimes personas.
The episode we're show casing here is children talking with a gynecologist about women's reproductive systems..
- How is sexual reproduction and health discussed at your school?
- At what age is true information given to the students? Is that before or after the students have started puberty?
- Is it conducted in a way that encourages true questions?
- Is it respectfully conducted?
- Did any of the reactions of the children surprise you? Why?
- Why do you think it's important for schools to convey information about sexual reproduction and health to students?
- Is there anything in this video that you would replicate in your own teaching situation or what would you do instead to both engage the students and make them comfortable?
We suggest that if you've undertaking this reflection activity then it might be Teacher Identified PD for 2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.